The Minnesota Homeopathic Association (MHA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of homeopathy as a safe and effective treatment method among Minnesotans. The association serves and supports the community of professional homeopaths in Minnesota. The MHA conducts educational programs, organizes a genuine network for homeopaths; desires that homeopathy continues to develop and strives to make that happen.
What is homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a branch of alternative medicine, created by Samuel Hahnemann in the 18th century who believed that all diseases are treated by several principles:
- Similar is treated by similar;
- We need minimal doses of drugs;
- It is necessary to treat not a disease, but a person.
Homeopathic medicines are made on the basis of this theory.
Where are homeopathic remedies used?
Homeopathic doctors offer remedies for the treatment of a wide variety of diseases. The list of drugs is very wide, it is almost endless. Classical homeopathy involves the creation of drugs for each patient individually, “by measure”. However, in recent decades, complex homeopathy has been developing – universal remedies are being created that will suit anyone. They can be found in every pharmacy. There are homeopathic medicines for SARS and influenza, cardiovascular diseases, gastrointestinal diseases, liver and kidney diseases, diseases of the urogenital system, erectile dysfunction, nervous overstrain, depression, menopause, PMS and so on. There are even remedies for treating oncological diseases.
Benefits of homeopathy
- Lack of side effects. Homeopathic remedies have really very few side effects;
- Impossibility of overdose. In 2010, 500 people from among the opponents of homeopathy held a campaign that covered Canada, England and Australia. Volunteers publicly took a dose of homeopathic sleeping pills, exceeding the recommended one hundred times. None of them felt ill, not even mild drowsiness, or any changes in their state of health. Medicine has not heard a single case of overdose with homeopathic medicines;
- The placebo effect is still the effect. Illness often makes us seriously worried – what if I have something very serious? What if there are complications? When can I return to the normal rhythm of life? The physiological stress response causes a variety of changes in the body, from vascular spasms and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract to a decrease in immunity, weakness and insomnia. All this is not conducive to recovery. Doctors say that optimism and faith in a speedy recovery are extremely important, they really help to recover. And if a person believes that sugar grains (or any medication in general) work, he actually begins to feel better;
- Normalization of the regime. Homeopathic remedies are recommended to be taken exactly by the hour, strictly before or after meals. Such a schedule is in principle very useful, it helps to establish the correct daily routine and diet;
- Accessibility. All homeopathic medicines can be bought without a prescription, this is one of the reasons for their popularity.